Visual Testing Level I/II
Often overlooked, visual testing is an important method in the broad field of nondestructive testing. This is always the first method to be performed as an appearance of a surface condition or abnormality is usually the trigger for more extensive NDT Methods. Visual Testing I & II educates the student on the most commonly used NDT method while exposing him/or her to the complexity of different techniques.
In this course we discuss:
- History & fundamentals of Visual Testing
- Overview of the various testing applications
- Various types of equipment
- Advantages & limitations
- Indications and defects
- Reporting & Recording of defects
Upon completion of this subject, students will be able to:
- Identify the difference between remote and direct techniques
- Identify and have common knowledge of use for the various types of gauges, micrometers, and measuring devices
- Ability to perform and document examinations per applicable code requirements
Courses include an 8 hr hands-on training. These hours include an instructor demonstration of various types of gages, calipers, & remote visual equipment as well as mock-up specific and practical exams given by NDE employers. 24 Total hours of classroom training are accredited to students after successful completion by demonstration of knowledge by exam. All topics and materials covered in NDE course are as required by ANSI/ASNT CP-105.
What Our Customers Say