While Radiographic testing is one of the most commonly used inspection methods to determine a material’s internal soundness, there are a various number of factors that the inspector needs to be familiar with in order to decide the correct radiographic technique for the best image. We offer training in each of these techniques to help facilitate the student in their certification process.
Radiography Level II
- History & fundamentals of Radiographic Testing
- Overview of the various testing applications
- Various types of equipment
- Advantages & limitations
- Indications and defects
- Reporting & Recording of defects
Upon completion of this subject, students will understand:
- How geometry, set-up, and source size affect a radiographic image
- Understand the different types of Film and their purposes
- Various film techniques and the pros /cons of each
- Ability to perform and document examinations per applicable code requirements
Course includes 8hr hands-on training. These hours incorporate Instructor demonstration of various scenarios that a Level II Radiographer would need to be familiar with. (i.e. setting up exposures, creating techniques, etc) and hands-on training. Students will set up exposure, develop and grade their own radiographs. 40 Total Hours of classroom training are accredited to students after successful completion by demonstration of knowledge by exam. All topics and materials covered in NDE course are as required by ANSI/ASNT CP-105.
What Our Customers Say