Often overlooked, Visual testing is an important method in the broad field of nondestructive testing. This is always the first method to be performed as an appearance of a surface condition or abnormality is usually the trigger for more extensive NDT Methods. Visual Testing I & II educates the student on the most commonly used NDT method, while exposing him/or her to the complexity of different techniques .
In this course we discuss:
- History & fundamentals of Visual Testing
- Overview of the various testing applications
- Various types of equipment
- Advantages & limitations
- Indications and defects
- Reporting & Recording of defects
Upon completion of this subject, students will be able to:
- Identify the difference between remote and direct techniques
- Identify and have common knowledge of use for the various types of gauges ,micrometers, and measuring devices
- Ability to perform and document examinations per applicable code requirements
Courses include a 8 hr hands-on training. These hours include a Instructor demonstration of various types of gages, calipers, & remote visual equipment as well as mock up specific and practical exams given by NDE employers.*
32 Total Hours of classroom training are accredited to students after successful completion by demonstration of knowledge by exam.*All topics and materials covered in NDE course are as required by CP-105 & meet the requirements of SNt-TC-1A & CP-189*
NOTE: Due to the current Pandemic we are limiting our classroom attendance to 6 students.
Do NOT use the Book button on the right, Download the registration form and send it to Sales@refinedinspectionservices.com