Ultrasonic testing is one of the most widely used volumetric inspection methods and is regularly performed to measure the thickness or to examine the internal structure of a material for possible discontinuities, such as voids and/or cracks. In this course we provide the student the fundamental understanding of how sound waves form and propagate through a material.
In this course we discuss:
- History & fundamentals of Ultrasonic Testing
- Overview of the various testing applications
- Various types of equipment
- Advantages & limitations
- Indications and defects
- Reporting & Recording of defects
Upon completion of this subject, students will retain:
- A basic understanding of the various wave modes
- The understanding of various types of equipment and transducers
- The Knowledge in Different techniques of Ultrasonics
- The ability to calibrate, perform, and document particular examinations per applicable code requirements.
*Course includes 10 hr hands-on training. These hours incorporate Instructor demonstration of calibration of equipment as well as straight beam & angle beam inspection. 40 Total Hours of classroom training are accredited to students after successful completion by demonstration of knowledge by exam.All topics and materials covered in NDE course are as required by CP-105 & meet the requirements of SNT-TC-1A & CP-189.*
NOTE: Due to the current pandemic we are limiting our classroom attendance to 6 students.
Do NOT use the Book button on the right, Download the registration form and send it to Sales@refinedinspectionservices.com