UT Thickness Testing
- History & fundamentals of Ultrasonic Testing
- Overview of the various testing applications
- Various types of equipment
- Advantages & limitations
- Damage mechanisms causing wall loss (erosion, corrosion, etc)
- Performing a grid map, storing of readings, and localized scans
- Reporting & Recording of defects
Upon completion of this subject, students will:
- Understand the various types of equipment and transducers
- The ability to characterize signals
- The ability to calibrate, perform, and document particular examinations per applicable code requirements.
Course includes 8 hr hands-on training. These hours incorporate Instructor demonstration of calibration of equipment, scanning of various samples, data transfer, etc. 24 Total Hours of classroom training are accredited to students after successful completion by demonstration of knowledge by exam. All topics and materials covered in NDE course are as required by ANSI/ASNT CP-105.
What Our Customers Say