Description: This course is intended for students who have already completed a preliminary course in Ultrasonic testing and is in need of either a refresher for calibration & characterizing techniques or in need of hands-on training after taking an online course.
In this course we discuss:
- Detection thresholds
- Roof angles & V-path Correction
- Measuring rates
- Various types of equipment
- Calibration & scanning techniques
- Damage mechanisms causing wall loss (erosion, corrosion , etc)
- Performing a grid map, storing of readings, and localized scans
- Reporting & recording of defects
Upon completion of this subject, students will:
- Understand the various types of equipment and transducers
- The ability to characterize signals
- The ability to calibrate, perform, and document particular examinations per applicable code requirements.
- Will possess the necessary knowledge needed to successfully pass the ISQ exam.
*Course includes 10 hr hands-on training. These hours incorporate Instructor demonstration of calibration of equipment, scanning of various samples, data transfer, etc. 10 Total Hours of classroom training are accredited to students after successful completion by demonstration of knowledge by exam.